Blog Flume

I am a multimedia designer and aspiring writer from Central Illinois who dreams of bigger things. You are entering the hub of my online world. Welcome. Make yourself at home, read some stuff, click a few things, maybe check out my online portfolio. And of course, if you enjoy your stay, please subscribe.

*NOTE* This blog occasionally contains coarse language. Please use discretion when viewing.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Radiohead: In Rainbows (there lies a pile of crap)

www.inrainbows.com

Oh boy! Hear the hype? You can download a new CD by an alternative pop band that hasn't had a hit for 14 years, and you can name your own price!

I took them up on this offer, even though I haven't heard a peep out of these guys since 1993's "Creep" single. But I figured instead of wasting my hard-earned cash, I'd get it for FREE (that's right! Legally!) and take it for a test spin. Glad I didn't waste any money on this piece of garbage! Now I know why they're giving it away for free. Hell, they'd have to pay ME to listen to that steaming lump of e-crap twice.

Now I know there are those of you who'll disagree with me, and that's your right. I know not every genre of music appeals to everyone. But in my opinion, these guys are a whiny bunch of assholes that seems to not even be able to play a straight melody. This album should be avoided at all costs, unless you need a soundtrack to slit your wrists to.

I'll just stay away next time. Free usually comes with SOME price. In this case, it was just my time. I'd say "caveat emptor," but there need be no caveats here. Go ahead, download it free and try for yourself. If by some chance you LIKE it, then download it again and pay them what you think it's worth. But I've learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment